Prosper Africa - How We Work
Building on the U.S. Government's already-robust presence in Africa, more than 15 U.S. agencies are working together to:
1. Modernize U.S. Capabilities and Efforts
- Coordinate U.S. Government resources in support of public and commercial transactions at all stages.
- Establish a one-stop shop where U.S. and African businesses can access the full range of U.S. Government services.
2. Facilitate Transactions
- Help to develop, facilitate, expedite, and mitigate the risk of transactions between the United States and African countries.
- Expand U.S. companies’ access to information and provide financing support — where the private sector will not — to open the pipeline of opportunities in Africa.
3. Foster Fair and Accessible Business Climates and Robust Financial Sectors
- Reduce barriers to private sector trade and investment.
- Promote transparency, competitiveness, efficiency, and quality.
- Advocate for sustainable economic policies that support private-sector led growth.
- Build the capacity of officials in African countries to implement sound trade and investment policies and agreements.
- Support the development and deepening of financial sectors in Africa that are key to increasing trade and investment.