Questions about your MDCP project should always be directed first to your ITA-MDCP team leader. MDCP Director Brad Hess can help as well. Other contacts specific to financial assistance management are set forth below.
1. For questions about Grants Online: Email GrantsOnline.HelpDesk@noaa.gov or dial 301-444-2112 or (toll-free) 877-662-2478. Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday (Federal Work Days) 8:00am - 6:00pm Eastern Time
2. For ASAP payment questions and all other questions about the financial management of your MDCP award, contact Mr. Lamar.Revis@noaa.gov, 301-628-1308. Ms. Tracy.Jacson@noaa.gov, 301-628-1323, can also help with ASAP questions.
3. Lamar Revis (see contact information above) is primary contact for all financial assistance management questions at NOAA's Grants Management Division (GMD). Other NOAA/GMD staff may be able to help if Lamar is unavailable: Janet Russell email@example.com and Larry Jenkins Larry.Jenkins@noaa.gov, 301-628-1305.
B. Financial Assistance Management Resources for Cooperators
1. Explanation of: 425 Quarterly Financial Reporting and ASAP Setup
2. Grants Manual-Department of Commerce
3. Special Award Conditions (COEDIT example)
5. Roles in Grants Online: Cooperator roles are the 4 that begin "Recip" on right of table
C. General Federal Regulations (awards made prior to 2014.12.26)
1. Standard Terms and Conditions of Department of Commerce Awards
2. 15 CFR 14, Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Agreements with Institutions of Higher Education, Other Non-Profit, and Commercial Organizations
3. 15 CFR 24, Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Agreements with State and Local Governments
4. OMB Circular A-21, Cost Principles for Educational Institutions
5. OMB Circular A-87, Cost Principles for State, Local, and Indian Tribal Governments
6. OMB Circular A-122, Cost Principles for Non-Profit Organizations
7. OMB Circular A-133, Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-Profit Organizations
D. General Federal Regulations (awards made after 2014.12.25)
On December 26, 2013, OMB published final guidance titled Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements (OMB Uniform Guidance), which streamlines the language from eight existing OMB circulars, including Cost Principles (OMB Circulars A-21, A-87, A 122) and administrative requirements (OMB Circulars A-102 and A 110), into one consolidated set of guidance applicable to federal assistance awards. The OMB Uniform Guidance supersedes DOC’s uniform administrative requirements set out at 15 C.F.R. parts 14 and 24. In accordance with the Federal Register notice published on December 19, 2014 (79 FR 75871) and the regulation at 2 C.F.R. 1327.101, the DOC adopted the OMB Uniform Guidance, codified at 2 C.F.R. Part 200, effective December 26, 2014, which means that the guidance applies to all new awards and to additional funding to existing awards made on or after December 26, 2014.
1. Frequently asked questions about the new regulations
2. Standard Terms and Conditions of Department of Commerce Awards
3. 2 C.F.R. Part 200 Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements
4. MDCP authorization to use 10% de minimis indirect cost rate
E. Specific Topics of Interest
1. Documenting purchases in excess of the small purchase threshold
2. Grants Management Division presentation from new cooperator orientation September 10, 2015
3. Pre-Award Notification Requirements
4. Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (2CFR 200)
a. Requirements published 2014
b. Requirements published 2014 compared to those published 2013
5. Commerce Department Grants Policy