- Office of Energy and Environmental Industries
- Office of Health and IT
- Office of Transportation Machinery
Office of Transportation and Machinery
Aerospace Team: Industry Statistics
Leading Indicators—Trade, Product, and Employment
Top 20 Aerospace Export Markets (total exports as defined)
Key Industry Statistics—Industry, Product, Industrial Product Index, Employment, and Trade
- 1989-2010 (annual data) (PDF) (CSV)
- 2004-2008 (quarterly data) (PDF) (CSV)
- 2009-2012 (quarterly data) (PDF) (CSV)
- Shipments of complete aircraft, 1971-2009 (PDF) (CSV)
- Domestic exports by product category, 1989-2008 (annual data) (revised) (PDF) (CSV)
- Top 20 aerospace export markets (domestic exports as defined)
- Top 20 Foreign Suppliers to the Domestic Aerospace Market (consumption imports as defined)
- Domestic Exports of Aerospace Vehicles and Equipment
- Imports for Consumption of Aerospace Vehicles and Equipment
- Balance of Trade in Aerospace Vehicles and Equipment
- Imports of aerospace vehicles and equipment by product category, 1989-2008 (annual data) (PDF) (CSV)
- Balance of trade in aerospace vehicles and equipment by product category, 1989-2008 (annual data) (PDF)
* The U.S. Census Bureau revised goods export data from January 2004 through December 2008 as a result of analysis of the aircraft industry. In addition, the Census Bureau began suppressing export data for certain 10-digit Schedule B commodity classifications related to the aircraft industry with the release of the January 2009 merchandise trade report on March 13, 2009. To account for the suppression of commodity detail, the Census Bureau will begin publishing a new commodity classification series titled "Civilian Aircraft, Engines, and Parts" under Schedule B code 8800.00.0000 [consolidating 66 Schedule B codes and three End-use categories]. For more information, visit the Census Foreign Trade Statistics website.
The list of Schedule B codes and their corresponding End-use categories included in the new code 8800.00.0000: (PDF) (CSV)
Due to the inclusion of Schedule B code 7007110000 (which was not included in previous export data on this website) in End-use category 22010, it was necessary to add HTSUSA code 7007110090 to import data for the same period for comparison.
The International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce, manages this global trade site to provide access to ITA information on promoting trade and investment, strengthening the competitiveness of U.S. industry, and ensuring fair trade and compliance with trade laws and agreements. External links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views or privacy policies contained therein. This site contains PDF documents. A PDF reader is available from Adobe Systems Incorporated.