The Office of Energy and Environmental Industries has continuous openings for volunteer interns.
We are looking for motivated college and graduate
students who are interested in learning about what we do to support
the U.S. energy and environmental technologies industries in international markets.
Interns will assist staff members in:
- researching and writing briefing papers, speeches, and correspondence
- organizing meetings, briefings, and other events
- counseling exporters
- producing content for our website
Interns may work full- or part-time (at least 16 hours per week),
and if your school allows it, we can arrange with them for you to
receive academic credit.
- academic or professional work in international relations, economics
and trade, and/or energy issues
- excellent research and writing skills
- computer skills (office applications)
- U.S. citizenship
- current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate school program
If you are interested, please send a brief cover letter and resume
to Ryan Mulholland.
Generally, we look at applications for the fall internships during August, for spring internships
during December, and for summer internships in March and April.
Please note that our office can only consider applications for
internships in the ITA Office of Energy and Environmental Industries,
not for other parts of ITA or the Commerce Department. Applications that do not
include a cover letter will not be considered.