- Table of Contents
- Full Issue in PDF
- United States, Asia-Pacific Partners Look at Ways of Fostering Trade and Economic Growth
- Exporting with a Warm Touch
- Online Tool Makes Search for Tariff Information Simpler
- ITA Win: Export Success-Lighting the Way to More Exports
- Short Takes
- Trade Calendar
- Featured Trade Event: Executive-Led Water and Wastewater Industry Trade Mission to Australia
International Trade Update
International Trade Update is published monthly by the Office of Public Affairs of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration. Subscribe for updates by email.
Download full issue in PDF format.
United States, Asia–Pacific Partners Look at Ways of Fostering Trade and Economic Growth
In May, a series of meetings held in Big Sky, Montana, brought together ministers and representatives from 21 Asia–Pacific economies to discuss ways of supporting small businesses, encouraging green growth, and promoting anticorruption efforts. The meetings served as a prelude to a larger gathering set for Honolulu, Hawaii, this fall.
Exporting, with a Warm Touch
For a small manufacturer of pet care products, the personal touch can go a long way to ensuring payment and to gaining repeat sales. It’s all part of an export strategy that depends on a warm touch.
Online Tool Makes Search for Tariff Information Simpler
An innovative online tool gives exporters easy access to tariff information for 85 percent of goods going to the 20 markets with which the United States has signed a free trade agreement. It is a resource that will prove especially beneficial to small and medium-sized exporters.
ITA Win: Export Success-Lighting the Way to More Exports
Ruud Lighting, winner of one of the 2011 E Awards for excellence in exporting, has expanded its markets thanks to a competitive product line, savvy marketing, and help from the International Trade Administration.
- U.S. Exporters Honored at E Awards Ceremony
- U.S.–Iraqi Commercial Ties Promoted at Events in Texas and California
- Manufacturing in Focus During June
International Trade Calendar:
- Listing of Upcoming Events for July and August 2011
- Featured Trade Event: Executive-Led Water and Wastewater Trade Mission to Australia
The International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce, manages this global trade site to provide access to ITA information on promoting trade and investment, strengthening the competitiveness of U.S. industry, and ensuring fair trade and compliance with trade laws and agreements. External links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views or privacy policies contained therein. This site contains PDF documents. A PDF reader is available from Adobe Systems Incorporated.