For Immediate Release: June 30, 2016
Contact: Office of Public Affairs (202) 482-3809
U.S. Departments Of Commerce And Energy Appoint Inaugural U.S. Section Of The Newly Formed U.S.-Mexico Energy Business Council
The U.S. Departments of Commerce and Energy recently launched the U.S.-Mexico Energy Business Council (Council) along with the Mexican government. The Council, comprised of private sector representatives from both countries, is expected to exchange information and industry best practices in order to provide actionable, non-binding recommendations to both governments on ways to strengthen the U.S.-Mexico relationship on trade, investment, and competitiveness in the energy sector.
The members will serve a two-year term. The governments will be represented on the Council by the Under Secretary of Commerce for International Trade and the Assistant Secretary of Energy for International Affairs on the U.S. side, and the Secretariat of Economy's Under Secretary of Foreign Trade and the Secretariat of Energy's Director General of Investor Relations and Promotion on the Mexican side.
"This is the first time we have had a group from our respective private sectors, convened by the two governments, come together to discuss energy issues of mutual interest," said current Acting Under Secretary Ken Hyatt. "The growing importance of energy to economic competitiveness in North America and changes in Mexican energy policy led to the creation of this Council. I look forward to working with the U.S. and Mexican Sections, as well as my U.S. and Mexican government partners, to advance the priorities of our two energy sectors."
The U.S. Departments of Commerce and Energy appointed the following 10 individuals to the U.S. Section of the U.S.-Mexico Energy Business Council:
- Julian Alzate, Director of International Operations, Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. Pullman, Wash.
- Leslie Beyer, President, Petroleum Equipment and Services Association Houston, Texas
- R. Craig Breese, President of Honeywell Mexico, Honeywell International Inc. Morris Plains, N.J.
- Matt Card, Executive Vice President for Commercial Operations, Suniva, Inc. Norcross, Ga.
- Hunter Hunt, Chief Executive Officer, Hunt Consolidated Energy, LLC Dallas, Texas
- Arturo Infanzon, Chief Financial Officer, IEnova (Sempra Energy) San Diego, Calif.
- Carlos Leipner, Vice President for Latin America, Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC Cranberry Township, Pa.
- Robert Moran, Vice President for Government and External Affairs, Halliburton Houston, Texas
- Vernon Murray, Vice President & General Manager for Mexico and Northern Latin America, Emerson Process Management St. Louis, Mo.
- Darryl Wilson, Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer, GE Energy Connections Fairfield, Conn.
The Council's initial meeting is expected to be held this fall. For more information about the Council, please visit website.
International Trade Administration
The International Trade Administration (ITA) is the premier resource for American companies competing in the global marketplace. ITA has more than 2,200 employees assisting U.S. exporters in more than 100 U.S. cities and 75 markets worldwide. For more information on ITA visit www.trade.gov.
The International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce, manages this global trade site to provide access to ITA information on promoting trade and investment, strengthening the competitiveness of U.S. industry, and ensuring fair trade and compliance with trade laws and agreements. External links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views or privacy policies contained therein. This site contains PDF documents. A PDF reader is available from Adobe Systems Incorporated.