For Immediate Release: May 20, 2013
Contact: Mara Lee (202) 482-3809
Acting Commerce Secretary Honors More than 50 U.S. Companies for Export Successes
WASHINGTON — U.S. Acting Secretary of Commerce Rebecca Blank today honored 57 U.S. companies and organizations that export goods or services at the 2013 President’s “E” Awards ceremony. This year marks the 51st anniversary of the “E” Awards, which recognize significant contributions to increasing American exports. Today’s set of honorees, many of which are small and medium-sized enterprises, was the largest group in three decades to receive this distinguished award.
“These companies truly represent the spirit of American business and entrepreneurship – bringing some of the best and most innovative products and services to the global marketplace with the sought after ‘Made in the USA’ label,” said Acting Secretary Blank. “Exports continue to be the engine of our economy, supporting nearly 10 million good, high-wage jobs in cities and communities across the country. Furthermore, the success of these exporters reflects historic progress in U.S. export growth. In 2012, U.S. exports hit an all-time high of $2.2 trillion, with record levels of sales to more than 70 trading partners, including major emerging markets and 11 free trade agreement (FTA) partners.”
Winners of the 2013 “E” Awards represent diverse communities from 22 states across the country. They hail from places like Gilman, Conn.; Cleveland, Ohio; Eagan, Minn.; Parsons, Kan.; Broussard, La.; and Vacaville, Calif. Of the honorees recognized at today’s ceremony, 47 are small or medium-sized enterprises, 33 are manufacturers, and 31 fall into both categories.
There are four categories in which companies can receive an award. This year, 37 companies were honored with the “E” Award for Exports for demonstrating a sustained increase in export sales over several years. Twelve companies that assist and facilitate export activities were honored with the “E” Award for Export Service. Five firms received the “E” Star Award for Exports, which recognizes previous “E” Award winners who have shown four years of additional export growth. Finally, three were awarded the “E” Star Award for Export Service, which recognizes previous “E” Award winners that have shown four years of continued support of exporters since first winning the “E” Award. Two companies are receiving the “E” Star Award for Exports for the second time, a first in the 51-year history of the program.
“E” Award recipients contribute to the President’s National Export Initiative (NEI), which aims to double U.S. exports by the end of 2014 in order to support American jobs. Since the launch of the NEI in January 2010, the Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration, through its U.S. Commercial Service, has assisted more than 16,000 U.S. companies record an export success, supporting more than $164 billion in U.S. exports.
The President’s “E” Award was created by President John F. Kennedy in 1961, and more than 2,500 firms have been recognized through the “E” Awards since the program’s inception. The “E” Award program is managed by the U.S. Commercial Service, which nominates the recipients. Through 108 domestic offices and locations in more than 70 countries, ITA offers programs and services focused on export promotion.
Companies receiving the “E” Award for Exports are:
- Mintec, Inc. – Tucson, Ariz.
- Nexans AmerCable – El Dorado, Ark.
- Foothill-De Anza Community College District – Los Altos Hills, Calif.
- Synder Filtration – Vacaville, Calif.
- Geotech Environmental Equipment, Inc. – Denver, Colo.
- Lightning Eliminators & Consultants – Boulder, Colo.
- APS Technology, Inc. – Wallingford, Conn.
- The Gilman Brothers Company – Gilman, Conn.
- Electric Supply, Inc. – Tampa, Fla.
- Heavy Equipment Resources of Florida, Inc. – Jacksonville, Fla.
- Rekluse Motor Sports – Boise, Idaho
- AAR Corp. – Wood Dale, Ill.
- Tank Connection, LLC – Parsons, Kan.
- Global and Mechanical Excellence in Equipment – Napoleonville, La.
- Reamco, Inc. – Broussard, La.
- Atlantis International, Inc. – Harahan, La.
- Boysenblue/Celtec, Inc. – Lafayette, La.
- Perkins Products – Watertown, Mass.
- RPP Corporation – Lawrence, Mass.
- McKeon Products, Inc. – Warren, Mich.
- Savillex Corporation – Eden Prairie, Minn.
- Holmes Corporation – Eagan, Minn.
- AmCom Software – Eden Prairie, Minn.
- First Priority Emergency Vehicles, Inc. – Manchester, N.J.
- Inficon, Inc. – Syracuse, N.Y.
- Advanced Superabrasives, Inc. – Mars Hill, N.C.
- Argus Fire Control/Suppression Technologies, Inc. – Charlotte, N.C.
- Roll-A-Ramp – West Fargo, N.D.
- Miller Weldmaster Corp. – Navarre, Ohio
- Quality Electrodynamics – Mayfield Village, Ohio
- Superior Holding, LLC – Cleveland, Ohio
- The Gorman-Rupp Company – Mansfield, Ohio
- U.S. Chemical & Plastics – Massillon, Ohio
- Venture Products, Inc. – Orrville, Ohio
- Nielsen-Kellerman – Boothwyn, Pa.
- Ziegler Bros., Inc. – Gardners, Pa.
- Hurd Windows and Doors – Medford, Wisc.
Companies receiving the “E” Award for Export Service are:
- California Community Colleges, Centers for International Trade Development – Sacramento, Calif.
- Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) – Diamond Bar, Calif.
- World Trade Center – Denver, Colo.
- Frederick Export – Denver, Colo.
- BDG International, Inc. – Elgin, Ill.
- R.I.M. Logistics, Ltd. – Roselle, Ill.
- Held & Associates, Inc. – North Kansas City, Mo.
- American River International, Ltd. – Melville, N.Y.
- Global Business Solutions – Winston Salem, N.C.
- AplusB, Inc –. Richmond Heights, Ohio
- Carver International, Inc., Erie, Pa.
- M.E. Dey & Co. Inc. – Milwaukee, Wisc.
Companies receiving the “E” Star Award for Exports are:
- Walton & Post, Inc. – Miami, Fla.
- A.W. Chesterton Company, Inc. – Woburn, Mass.
- Lincoln Electric Holdings, Inc. – Cleveland, Ohio
- Tech International – Johnstown, Ohio
- Neutrex, Inc. – Houston, Texas
Companies receiving the “E” Star Award for Export Service are:
- The Port of Los Angeles – Los Angeles, Calif.
- Automation Alley – Troy, Mich.
- Huntington National Bank – Columbus, Ohio
International Trade Administration
The International Trade Administration (ITA) is the premier resource for American companies competing in the global marketplace. ITA has 2,400 employees assisting U.S. exporters in more than 100 U.S. cities and 70 countries worldwide. For more information on ITA visit www.trade.gov.
The International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce, manages this global trade site to provide access to ITA information on promoting trade and investment, strengthening the competitiveness of U.S. industry, and ensuring fair trade and compliance with trade laws and agreements. External links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views or privacy policies contained therein. This site contains PDF documents. A PDF reader is available from Adobe Systems Incorporated.