- Committee on Foreign Investment in the U.S.
- Employment & Trade
- Export Trading Company Act
- Global Competitiveness
- Industry Regulation
- Reference Information
- Trade Agreements & Negotiations
- Trade Disputes & Enforcement
- Trade Statistics
- U.S. Trade Laws
OFFICE OF TRADE POLICY & ANALYSIS
The Office of Trade Policy & Analysis is led by Deputy Assistant Secretary, Praveen Dixit
What We Do:
The Office of Trade Policy & Analysis (TP&A), an office of Industry & Analysis within the International Trade Administration, provides data, analysis, and recommendations on policy, and trade promotion issues affecting U.S. industry competitiveness in a global setting.
Who We Are:
- Produces, and evaluates the economic data that underpins the development of economic and trade policy priorities throughout the Federal government. This work also aids the decision-making process for regulatory proceedings, and the antitrust preclearance process for export joint ventures.
- Develops U.S. strategies, and positions for cross-sectoral trade negotiation chapters (Rules of Origin, Government Procurement). TP&A also monitors, evaluates, and addresses market access compliance barriers, and represents the Department on issues relating to the implementation of U.S. trade laws (Section 337, Section 301).
- Advances U.S. commercial interests on international intellectual property laws, policies, and practices. Assists U.S. companies in overcoming IP-related trade barriers through treaty negotiations, education, and outreach.
- Facilitates trade, and investment by addressing cross-cutting sectoral, and emerging standards issues to strengthen the competitiveness of U.S. industry. The office is the primary point of contact for standards matters within the ITA and for external stakeholders, and also works to expand investment market access opportunities on a sectoral basis.
- Infographic: U.S. Exporters & Importers in 2015 - Released 04/04/2017
- Top Trading Partners February 2017 - Updated 04/04/2017
- FTA Tables February 2017 - Updated 04/04/2017
- U.S. Trade Overview, 2016 - Updated 04/2017
- State Reports - Updated 02/27/2017
- Jobs Supported by Exports Export Destination 2015 – Updated 11/2016
- Infographic: Jobs Supported by Export Destination 2015 – Updated 11/2016
- Metropolitan Export Series: 2015 Data - Released 09/08/2016
- Infographic: Metropolitan Area Exports in 2015 - Released 09/08/2016
- Exporter Database: Updated with 2014 Data - Released 09/08/2016
- Jobs Supported by Exports 2014: Product & Industry - Updated 07/13/2016
- Infographic: Jobs Supported by Exports 2014: Product & Industry - Updated 07/13/2016
- Standards and Regulations: Measuring the Link to Goods Trade - Released 06/29/2016
- Infographic: Standards, Regulations, and Goods Trade - Released 06/29/2016
- Jobs Supported by State Exports, 2015 - Updated 05/31/2016
- Infographic: Jobs Supported by State Goods Exports, 2015 - Updated 05/31/2016
- Infographic: Benefits of Trade Agreements 2015 - Updated 05/12/2016
- Jobs Supported by Exports 2015: An Update - Updated 04/08/2016
- Jobs Attributable to FDI - Released 2/24/2016
- Infographic: Jobs Attributable to FDI - Released 2/24/2016
- Merchandise Trade Balance FAQs - Released 04/01/2015