- Committee on Foreign Investment in the U.S.
- Employment & Trade
- Export Trading Company Act
- Global Competitiveness
- Industry Regulation
- Reference Information
- Trade Agreements & Negotiations
- Trade Disputes & Enforcement
- Trade Statistics
- U.S. Trade Laws
THE VIRTUAL WORLD TRADE REFERENCE ROOM
The International Trade Administration replaced its Foreign Trade Reference Room with this research source, which contains links to current trade statistics from the U.S. government, select trade and economic data published by other countries, and similar trade resources.
Sort these references by subject.
Table of Contents
List of Resources
- BEA’s Direct Investment & Multinational Enterprises (MNEs) – Selected data on inward and outward direct investment. (Bureau of Economic Analysis)
- Economic Development Directory provided by the U.S. Department of Commerce's Economic Development Administration (EDA) offers a listing of federal, state, and local offices that promote trade and foreign investment.
- Eurostat - Statistical Office of the European Communities
- Exporter Database offers tables that provide an annual statistical snapshot of U.S. exporters: their number, characteristics, and geographic distribution. (International Trade Administration)
- Federation of International Trade Associations (FITA): this portal is a source for trade leads, news, events and links to 7,000 international trade related Web sites.
- U.S. Census Bureau Foreign Trade Statistics (FT-900)
- Global Data Links (International Trade Administration)
- International Monetary Fund
- International Trade Administration Statistics
- International Transactions & International Investment Position Tables – Interactive tables detailing all transactions between U.S. and foreign residents (balance of payments) and the end of period value of accumulated stocks of U.S. financial assets and liabilities. (Bureau of Economic Analysis)
- Penn World Table – A database with information on relative levels of income, output, inputs and productivity, covering 160+ countries starting from 1950. This website also includes access to relevant documentation and references. (University of Pennsylvania)
- Retaliation Alert is a Web site dedicated to informing U.S. businesses about retaliatory actions taken under Section 301 of the 1974 Trade Act. (International Trade Administration)
- Trade Capacity Building Database allows user to search for funding data or activity descriptions by country or region, Trade Capacity Building category (including WTO agreements), and U.S. Government funding/implementing agency. (USAID)
- Trade Data Basics is a guide to key trade related terms and concepts essential for understanding U.S. trade data. (International Trade Administration)
- Trade Information Center offers assistance to U.S. exporters by providing information on importing countries, guides to U.S. export programs, foreign tariff and import fees, export resources, trade events, and directories of trade offices and U.S. exporters. (International Trade Administration)
- Trade Policy Information System (TPIS) (International Trade Administration)
- TradeStats Express (International Trade Administration)
- USA Trade Online (U.S. Census Bureau)
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
- U.S. Foreign Trade Highlights (archive pages; discontinued after 2004 series)
- U.S. International Services - Cross-border trade in services and services supplied through the channel of direct investment by affiliates of multinational companies. (Bureau of Economic Analysis)
- U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC)
- USITC Trade DataWeb
- World Development Indicators is a data query that offers a 5-year, 54-indicators segment from the World Development Indicators database. (World Bank)
- World Economic Outlook Reports (International Monetary Fund)
- World Trade Organization provides comprehensive, comparable and up-to-date statistics on trade in merchandise and commercial services for an assessment of world trade flows by country, region, and main product groups or service categories.
- World Regions and Trade Organizations (International Trade Administration)